Search Me: A Real Estate Marketing Online Blog

Monday

Welcome to Search Me: The Online Marketing Blog

Well, I've decided to setup this blog to report and advise on all things related to the tech aspects of real estate marketing . I've been working in the internet business for a number of years splitting that time between a web hosting company, an applications development firm and currently at a software firm that builds business management software.

My major duties for my current company have been creating and managing the search engine, internet and online marketing for our clients using our new business management software: Official Desktop. In addition, I've started to do some more tradional pr/marketing duties like writing press releases and producing the corporate newsletter.

Being a search engine marketing nerd, this will be right up my alley. Yes, I'm that geek who actually would do search engine optimizations for the clients at my previous job at a the webhosting company for FREE - just so I could test things. And this was before terms like "Search Engine Marketing" and "Search Engine Optimization" even existed. I really thought it was simply a way that a writer like me, coming from a non-tech background, just learning HTML could help our web hosting clients focus their sites with better, focused-written content.

One of the first sites I did search engine optimization for was: http://www.bayaerial.com, which still ranks well for the keyword phrase I optimized it for: Bay Area Helicopter Tour -
    Engine Position
    Altavista 1
    Excite 1
    Google 3
    Yahoo 1
    HotBot 1
    MSN 1
    All the Web 1
    Teoma 2

    It's pretty cool that it still ranks so well, especially since I haven't re-optimized it in a long time.

    I'm also the online marketing nerd who trolls all the search engine and webmaster forums. And who ever said RSS feeds were information overload - didn't meet me. Since I actually enjoy reading the RSS feeds from so many search engine and online marketing websites it's ridiculous.

    Topics you'll see covered in this blog include:
    • tech tips for marketing online
    • search engine optimization techniques
    • software, online marketing and search engine optimizing news
    • and links to cool things I'm nerdy about like: RSS tech and blogging tech

    Technorati Tags:, , , ,