Search Me: A Real Estate Marketing Online Blog

Wednesday

Yes, Greg - Search Marketing is a Service Industry

This mock company site is directed at those in the Search Engine Marketing Industry. From the site:

Welcome to the world's most dynamic e-business marketing, design and consulting agency. We provide distinct clients with groundbreaking business strategies and cutting-edge designs to aggressively and creatively compete in a changing economy.

I guess the author doesn't realize that Search Marketing is a service industry. And as such, we do tasks that others don't want to do themselves. And yes, people pay a premium for such service. Isn't this true of any industry delivering a service?

Home owners certainly could list and sell their homes themselves, but most use real estate agents and brokers. Because, it saves them time if not money.

Tonight, I could cook Prik Khing Beef for dinner. Am I going to? No. Why? Because I can pick up my phone and order it from Top Spice and have it delivered to my house in 30 minutes. And yes, I'll pay the $10.00 for it plus tip because it's easier for someone else to do it for me.

So here's to all the people delivering services that people could certainly do themselves but are willing to pay others to do for them...

BTW: The site owner is a Greg Smith.

Technorati Tags: , , ,